How to generate a VxGather with VERITAS Replication Exec (VRE).
VxGather is used to provide Symantec Technical Support with important troubleshooting information.
NOTE: Should the technical problem NOT involve a particular VRE job, proceed directly to the "Running VxGather" section below.
The following procedure creates the VRE job's Pair Log which will then be included in the upload:
In the VRE Admin Console's "Jobs" tab, double-click the errant job name and select the "Report Names of Files Synchronized by Pairs of this Job" option. Click "OK", then restart the job until the error/failure recurs. Right-click the job name and choose "Monitor Job" --> "View Pair Log" --> "Show all log entries" --> "OK" (Figure 1).
The file "VRE_RepPairLog.txt" opens in Notepad and is automatically saved to C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Replication Exec\Logs. Close Notepad.
Click the " Download Now" link at the bottom of this page and save the file to a Temp folder on each of the VRE Source and Target Servers:
1) Change the downloaded filename to "Vxgather_297143.zip"
2) Extract the file's contents and rename "Vxgather.tmp" to "Vxgather.exe"
3) Double-click "Vxgather.exe"
4) In the top right-hand corner of the resultant screen, click "Browse"
5) Choose Desktop or a Temp folder as the "Output root directory" path
6) Enter the Symantec Technical Support Case ID number in the "Case number" field
7) Click the "Gather" button (Figure 2)
8) Click "Yes" to run multiple executables
9) Upon completion, click "Send Results via FTP" (Figure 3)
Repeat the "Running VxGather" procedure on each relevant VRE Server and notify Symantec Technical Support when complete.
Imported Document Id