Backup job fails with Error E0BB0097: Volume 'BasicDiskVolume-MF5307B76Region-0-1' cannot be locked. Error EBAB03F1: The disk is in use or locked by another process.
Error E0BB0097: Volume 'BasicDiskVolume-MF0000B76Region-0-1' cannot be locked.
Error EBAB03F1: The disk is in use or locked by another process.
These errors are seen when Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) / Symantec System Recovery (SSR) drivers are not registered properly.
The following drivers are responsible for backups and restores:
To resolve this issue install the Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) / Symantec System Recovery (SSR) drivers manually
Follow these steps:
1) Copy the Symsnap.sys, V2imount.sys, Vproeventmonitor.sys and wimfltr.sys drivers from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers\win32\win32 (if running BESR 2010). If running SSR 2011, the path will be C:\Program files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers\win32\win32.
4) At the command prompt change to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery (if running BESR 2010). If running SSR 2011, the path will be C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery
5) Type Fixinstall.bat <enter> to execute the batch file.
6) When the batch file has completed, reboot the server
7) Run a backup to test the resolution.
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.