About the registry "Ignore inaccessible databases" for the Backup Exec Agent for Lotus Domino.
The registry "Ignore inaccessible databases" located under "HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino" when set to "0" will cause the job to fail if while running a backup job a corrupt/inaccessible database is encountered. Backup Exec job log in this situation will contain the error string for each database which could not be backed up. Some of the error strings which may be listed in the job log are mentioned below:
1. The item <file_name.nsf> in use - skipped. This database has local
access protection (encrypted) and you are not authorized to access it
2. The item <file_name.nsf> in use - skipped. Database is corrupt --
Cannot allocate space
3. The item <file_name.nsf> in use - skipped. Database has been corrupted
and can't be repaired; cannot open.
4. The item <file_name.nsf> in use - skipped. Database is being compacted;
Compact must finish before use.
When "Ignore inaccessible databases" is set to 1, Backup Exec would complete the backup job with the status "complete with exception" even when databases were corrupt/inaccessible. However, the backup job log would list all the corrupt/inaccessible databases, along with the related error strings.
To enable the "Ignore inaccessible databases" registry key refer to steps listed below:
1. On the Backup Exec server launch the Registry Editor by running the command Regedit or Regedt32
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
2. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino
3. Modify the "Ignore inaccessible databases" DWORD value to 1.
4. Exit out of the Registry Editor console.
using Domino registry key "Ignore inaccessible databases"
Rate this Article