You want to know how to completely remove Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam completely from a Windows Server.
Before you begin to remove Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam, Symantec recommends backing up the MySQL database. For instructions go to the Symantec document: Commands to back up the MySQL database or tables.
To remove Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam Control Center.
- On the Windows task bar, click Start > Programs > Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam > Uninstall Brightmail Control Center.
- A DOS window opens asking you to confirm uninstallation.
- Click Y and press Enter.
MySQL and Tomcat are removed, then the Brightmail Control Center Uninstall screen opens in a separate window.
- Click Uninstall to start the uninstallation process.
The Install Complete page displays. The page may list some files that it could not remove.
To remove Brightmail Scanner from your computer
- Click Start > Programs > Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam > Uninstall Brightmail Scanner.
- Click Yes to confirm uninstallation.
Note: If uninstall is missing or unavailable through the Windows taskbar, open Windows Explorer and run the uninstall.bat from the directory: <Drive:\SBAS\Control Center
To remove registry entries
WARNING: In the next steps you will edit the Windows registry. Back up the registry before you make any changes to it, because incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify only the registry keys that are specified.
For instructions, see How to back up the Windows registry.
To remove entries from the registry
- Exit all programs.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Run.
- In the Open box, type the following text:
- Click OK.
- Click the following registry key to select it:
- Press Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Repeat steps 5–7 for each of the following registry keys if they are present:
- Click File > Exit.
To remove folders
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Go to the following directories and delete the folders.
<Drive:>\Program Files\Zero G Registry - This folder may be hidden, if so, then you need to reveal hidden files and folders.
For more information on the files, folders, and registry keys used by Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam, go to page 126 of the Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam Implementation Guide
A reboot of the computer is not necessary, but for the best results you may want to reboot during a maintenance period.