Your third party product requires a newer JDBC driver, or the driver you used before is no longer available on Microsofts website and you want the Symantec Security Information Manager v4.x Collector to pull events from that product.
When using a Newer JDBC driver, this error is logged:
ERROR Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this
driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0
The SSIM Collector looks for a file called sqljdbc.jar in the enu folder for the JDBC Drivers, but the file the newer version of Drivers needs to function is named sqljdbc4.jar.
You must rename the JDBC drivers sqljdbc4.jar file in the enu directory, then specify the correct path to the location of the newer drivers in the Collector Sensor configuration.
These are the steps
- Stop the Event Agent.
Use the agentmgmt.bat (agentmgmt.sh if on a linux machine) that is in the install directory of the Event Agent, and choose the Stop the Agent option.
- Download the JDBC Driver you need from Microsoft and install them on the same machine that has the Event Collector.
- Navigate to the JDBC Drivers enu directory and rename the sqljdbc.jar file to sqljdbc.orig.jar.
Note: Even though this file exists with this name in the enu directory, it is not the correct file to be used.
- Rename the sqljdbc4.jar file to sqljdbc.jar
- Type the path to the enu directory with the sqljdbc.jar file into the JDBC Drivers Directory property in the collector's sensor configuration.
- If the point products database changed that is being collected from, the Database URL may need to be different. Read the Collector Guide or Point Product documentation for this information.
- Save and Deploy the Sensor configuration changes.
- Start the Event Agent.
Use the agentmgmt.bat (agentmgmt.sh if on a linux machine) that is in the install directory of the Event Agent, and choose the Start the Agent option.