Release notes for Symantec Brightmail Antispam 6.0.5 Patch 180
Patch 180 resolves an issue with messages containing large numbers of forwards and replies in Symantec Brightmail AntiSpam 6.0.5
Patch 180 includes and supersedes Patch 179.
Contents of Patch 179 --------------------- 24562 Component: Summary: Infected messages are not processed correctly
When the AV SMTP insertion host rejected a sender, the retry and disposition mechanisms would not complete in their entirety. This issue has been resolved.
24787 Component: Symantec Decomposer Summary: SBAS reports various Excel files as unscannable
Under some circumstances, email messages containing specific Microsoft Excel attachments were incorrectly categorized as unscannable. This issue has been resolved.
Contents of Patch 180 ---------------------
24785 Component: Symantec Decomposer Summary: Messages containing large numbers of forwards and replies treated as unscannable
Formerly, messages containing many forwards and replies, as well as certain other message types, were triggering the Maximum Container Scan Depth value and were therefore considered unscannable. When this occurs, the following log message is shown at the NOTICE level: "The maximum number of recursions for this file has been exceeded." This issue has been resolved.
1. cd to the LOADPOINT. To find the LOADPOINT for the Brightmail Scanner on UNIX, execute this command: % grep product /var/.com.zerog.registry.xml | grep "Brightmail Scanner" The LOADPOINT is the directory value for "location=".
2. Download the patch file (to the LOADPOINT)
3. Stop the Brightmail Scanner: # /etc/init.d/mailwall stop
4. As the root user, call patchinstall: # etc/patchinstall <patchfile>
5. Restart the Brightmail Scanner: # /etc/init.d/mailwall start
Note: If your installation includes symbolic links within the LOADPOINT or any of its subdirectories, patchinstall may not correctly preserve file ownership. After installing this patch, ensure that all the files you have replaced are owned by mailwall:bmi.
Installation Instructions (Windows):
1. Download the zip file.
2. Open up the zip file in order to view the contents.
3. Find the LOADPOINT. Its location is given in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Brightmail\Loadpoint The default value for LOADPOINT is C:\Program Files\Symantec\SBAS\Scanner\
4. Stop the Brightmail Server, the Brightmail Conduit, and the Brightmail Virus Cleaner using the Control Center.
5. Extract the zip file into the LOADPOINT, preserving the folder structure from the zip file.
6. Start the Brightmail Server, the Brightmail Conduit, and the Brightmail Virus Cleaner using the Control Center.
Imported Document Id
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.