How to configure the container limits in Symantec Mail Security for Domino (SMSDOM) 5.1 or 7.5
Scan Error: Content too deep
Symantec Mail Security 5.x or higher is installed on the system.
WARNING: Symantec Mail Security for Domino does not accept any values that are less than the default minimum values. If an incorrect value is entered, an error message appears that indicates the allowable minimum and maximum values. Increasing the container limit values without full knowledge of your specific system limitations could result in a system failure. If you are uncertain about how an increase to the values might affect your Domino server, you should maintain the default, minimum values.
To set container limits:
- In the Settings view within Domino Administrator, double-click a server group.
- In the Group document, on the Configuration tab, click the Scan Error tab.
- Under Messages that exceed any set container limit will be reported as scan errors:
modify any of the following:
Attachment that takes more than 300 seconds to extract.
Attachment that contains more than 10 levels of nested containers.
- This is the one referring to content too deep error. Modify this to resolve the issue.
Attachment where the cumulative size of all extracted files exceeds 200 MBs.
Attachment where the number of files extracted exceeds 5000.
- Click Save on the Action bar.