You have installed a valid Premium AntiSpam license.
However, when you try to enable Premium Antispam in Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) you receive the following error message.
An error occurred
Invalid Symantec Premium AntiSpam license or Symantec Premium AntiSpam license has expired.
An expired or corrupted license file may be causing a conflict.
1. Browse to the License folder which is located at:
32-bit Operating System: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses
64-bit Operating System: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses
2. Backup and remove all of the license files to a different directory.
(** NOTE**) If you have multiple Symantec products installed and remove all license files, this may require other Symantec products to become unlicensed and need to be re licensed.
3. Remove the SPALicense.SLF files from the following directory if it exists:
32-bit Operating System: C:\Program files\Symantec\SMSMSE\<version>\Server\SpamPrevention
64-bit Operating System: C:\Program files (X86)\Symantec\SMSMSE\<version>\Server\SpamPrevention
(**NOTE**): Replace <version> with the version of SMSMSE. The following is an example for a 32-bit OS for version 6.5 of SMSMSE:
4. Remove the cert.pem from the following location if it exists:
32-bit Operating System: C:\Program files\Symantec\SMSMSE\<version>\Server\etc
64-bit Operating System: C:\Program files (X86)\Symantec\SMSMSE\<version>\Server\etc
(**NOTE**): Replace <version> with the version of SMSMSE.
5. Remove all the .slf files, if they exist, from the following directory:
32-bit Operating System: <Drive:>Program Files\Symantec\SMSMSE\<version>\Server\UPLOADS 64-bit Operating System: <Drive:>Program Files (x86)\Symantec\SMSMSE\<version>\Server\UPLOADS (**NOTE**): Replace <version> with the version of SMSMSE.
6. Restart the following Windows services:
Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
Symantec Mail Security Utility Service
7. Open SMSMSE Administration Console
8. Click Admin > Licensing
(** Note **) You will notice that the product is now showing unlicensed
9. Click the "Browse" button and browse to your current license file that you have on your HDD, Network, or Flash Drive
10. Click the "Install" button to install the license file once again.
11. Click Policies > Premium AntiSpam Settings.
12. Place a check in the box next to "Enable Symantec Premium AntiSpam".
You see several .SLF files in the Symantec license folder.
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?