1. Insert the Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers distribution CD into the CD drive. If the build was downloaded and extracted, navigate to the
folder of the extracted build, and double-click autorun\AutoRun.exe.
2. On the main CD page, click Install.
3. In the next installer screen window, click Install only the Symantec Protection for SharePoint console. Complete the installation by
following the on-screen instructions. Refer to the Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers Implementation Guide for more details.
To install Symantec Scan Engine on a Windows Server 2003 64-bit computer
The installation of Symantec Scan Engine on a Windows Server 2003 64-bit computer can be divided into the following parts:
- Install Java manually. If JRE 5.0 Update 15, or higher is already installed skip this step.
- Install Symantec Scan Engine manually.
- Activate the license.
- Register the Symantec Scan Engine with the Symantec Protection for SharePoint console.
a) To install Java manually
1. Navigate to the Symantec Scan Engine folder in the CD, or extracted build (
2. Go to the Java folder and double-click the JRE installer to manually install JRE 5.0 Update 15. It is located on the CD or extracted build
(\Scan_Engine\Tools\Win32\jre-1_5_0_15-windows-i586-p.exe). JRE 5.0 Update 15 is a pre-requisite for installing Symantec Scan Engine.
b) To install Symantec Scan Engine manually
1. After the Java installation is complete, go to the Scan_Engine\Win32 folder.
2. Install Symantec Scan Engine manually by double-clicking the ScanEngine.exe installer. After Symantec Scan Engine is installed, the
license has to be manually installed.
c) To activate the license
1. Access the Symantec Scan Engine console by typing the following URL in the address bar of an Internet Explorer page,
2. In the console on the primary navigation bar, click System. If no license has been installed, open the console, and the System tab is
selected by default.
3. In the sidebar under Views, click License.
4. Under Tasks, click Install License.
5. In the Install License window, click Browse.
6. In the Load File window, browse to the folder location where the license file is saved, select it, and click Open.
7. In the Install License window, click Install. A status message indicates that the license was successfully installed. For more
information on obtaining, and installing the license file, refer to the Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers Implementation
Guide. Once the license is activated, the Symantec Scan Engine with the Symantec Protection for SharePoint console needs to be
d) To register Symantec Scan Engine with the Symantec Protection for SharePoint console
1. Access the Symantec Protection for SharePoint console home page. For more details, refer to the Symantec Protection for
SharePoint Servers Implementation Guide.
2. On the Symantec Protection for SharePoint console home page, under Symantec Scan Engines, click Register a new
Symantec Scan Engine.
3. In Step 1: Start Registration page, specify the host or IP address, TCP/IP port, and the desired description about the Symantec
Scan Engine that is being registered.
4. Click Next.
5. In Step 2 : Complete Registration page, verify the Symantec Scan Engine details.
6. After verifying the details, check Enable this Symantec Scan Engine to activate this Symantec Scan Engine.
7. Click the drop-down menu to select the scanning priority to assign to this Symantec Scan Engine.
8. click Register.
On a Windows Server 2003 64-bit computer, the following options on the CD installer are grayed out:
- Install Symantec Protection 5.1 for SharePoint Servers (Full Install)
- Install only the Symantec Scan Engine 5.1
The only option that can be clicked is "Install only the Symantec Protection for SharePoint console". However, it is possible
to install both components of Symantec Protection 5.1 for SharePoint Servers on a 64-bit computer. Also, currently Windows Server 2003 R2 (64-bit) is not supported,
but Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit) is supported.
In case the Central Administration fails to list the Symantec Scan Engine, please check the following:
- Is Symantec Scan Engine licensed correctly?
- Is the Symantec Scan Engine interface itself accessible, i.e.:
1. Does https://
:8004 open up
2. Is Java caching disabled and the Java cache emptied?