What is the Support Statement for Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Messaging Gateway (SMG), and Web Gateway (SWG) software?
The following describes the typical Support deliverables and timelines for ATP, SMG, and SWG software ("Licensed Software") as they move through their product life cycle and support phases. The actual timelines and deliverables for a specific version of Licensed Software may vary. For purposes of this statement, a “Build” means a Major Release, Minor Release, or Maintenance Release, along with all patches including patches to address security vulnerabilities identified.
Standard Support Phase: Symantec will provide Standard Support for the most current Build of the Licensed Software. “Standard Support” means a level of support services that Symantec provides to a customer in response to a Problem, as follows:
- During the Standard Support phase, Customer will be entitled to obtain content updates. In addition, a Technical Support engineer will provide troubleshooting and problem isolation assistance for the Licensed Software.
- If Symantec identifies a bug or a security vulnerability in a particular Build of the Licensed Software that needs to be addressed, Symantec will stop marketing that version and will ramp down related support services and will release a new Build.
- Also, when Symantec wants to update the features and functions of a particular version, then Symantec will stop marketing that version (Build) . Symantec will ramp down Support Services for that Build and will release a new Build.
- “Major Releases” of the Licensed Software are designated by the first number in a release designation (X.0).
- “Minor Releases” of the Licensed Software are designated by the second number in a release designation (X.y).
- “Maintenance Releases” of the Licensed software are designated by the third number in a release designation (X.y.z).
- Symantec Advanced Threat Protection
- Symantec Messaging Gateway
- Symantec Web Gateway
Imported Document Id