The export history may show success or it may show one of the following error messages:
Generic unhandled exception caught.
To view the export history perform the following steps from the IM Manager Administration Console:
1. Click on Administration tab.
2. Click on Configuration|Export menu item.
The following is an example. The following event shows the EV export starting:
Information 115 8/10/2008 15:38 IMLogicAdminService SYMANTECSRV01 None SYMANTEC\imlogic IM Manager Archiving task has started for account EV Export.
Then the event log shows one of the following errors:
Error 110 8/10/2008 15:39 IMLogicAdminService SYMANTECSRV01 None SYMANTEC\imlogic "Internal Error 0x8000ffff in IM Manager Export Module. Description: Unknown Error."
Error 110 8/10/2008 15:39 IMLogicAdminService SYMANTECSRV01 None SYMANTEC\imlogic "Generic unhandled exception caught."
There is a finish message in the Windows Application Event log similar to the following:
Information 115 8/10/2008 15:40 IMLogicAdminService SYMANTECSRV01 None SYMANTEC\imlogic IM Manager Archiving task has finished for account EV Export.
· Export job is created as an integrated EV export job.
1. Open the IM Manager Administration Console.
2. Click on Administration tab.
3. Click on Configuration > Export.
4. Click the Edit control for the EV export job.
If there is an EV Directory DNS Alias textbox then the export job is an integrated EV export job.
The export job is encountering memory corruption.
Upgrade to 8.4.18 or higher.
Perform the following steps:
3. Create a new DWORD registry key called useFTMap. 4. Set the value of the key to 1. 5. Restart the IMLogicAdminService. T echnical Information If the problem keeps appearing perform the following steps:
IMLogicAdminService service fails to export with error "Generic unhandled exception caught"
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?