The export history may show success or it may show one of the following error messages:
Generic unhandled exception caught.
To view the export history perform the following steps from the IM Manager Administration Console:
1. Click on Administration tab.
2. Click on Configuration|Export menu item.
- Windows Application Event log shows the EV export starting getting an unexpected error and then finishing.
The following is an example. The following event shows the EV export starting:
Information 115 8/10/2008 15:38 IMLogicAdminService SYMANTECSRV01 None SYMANTEC\imlogic IM Manager Archiving task has started for account EV Export.
Then the event log shows one of the following errors:
Error 110 8/10/2008 15:39 IMLogicAdminService SYMANTECSRV01 None SYMANTEC\imlogic "Internal Error 0x8000ffff in IM Manager Export Module. Description: Unknown Error."
Error 110 8/10/2008 15:39 IMLogicAdminService SYMANTECSRV01 None SYMANTEC\imlogic "Generic unhandled exception caught."
There is a finish message in the Windows Application Event log similar to the following:
Information 115 8/10/2008 15:40 IMLogicAdminService SYMANTECSRV01 None SYMANTEC\imlogic IM Manager Archiving task has finished for account EV Export.
· Export job is created as an integrated EV export job.
1. Open the IM Manager Administration Console.
2. Click on Administration tab.
3. Click on Configuration > Export.
4. Click the Edit control for the EV export job.
If there is an EV Directory DNS Alias textbox then the export job is an integrated EV export job.
The export job is encountering memory corruption.
Upgrade to 8.4.18 or higher.
Perform the following steps:
- Configure registry to use export FT Map.
- Start regedit.
- Open the following registry folder:
- 32-bit Operating Systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IMLogic\IMLogEnterprise\4.0\IMArchive
64-bit Operating Systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IMLogic\IMLogEnterprise\4.0\IMArchive
3. Create a new DWORD registry key called useFTMap.
4. Set the value of the key to 1.
5. Restart the IMLogicAdminService.
T echnical Information
If the problem keeps appearing perform the following steps:
1. Turn on debugging for IM Manager using this KB article: How to Enable Debug Troubleshooting Information for IM Manager.
2. Restart the windows service IMLogicAdminService.
3. Wait for the issue to happen again.
4. Collect diagnostics for IM Manager using this KB article: How to Run GetDiagnostics Tool.
5. Contact Symantec Technical support to open a new case on this issue. Please provide the diagnostics to Symantec Technical Support.
NOTE: Restarting the windows service IMLogicAdminService may resolve the issue temporarily. Please wait for the issue to occur again prior to opening a case with Symantec.
Rate this Article