How can I modify a LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x (LUA 2.x) server to listen on a non-default port?
Another service on a LUA 2.x server computer is configured to use the same communications port as LUA 2.x.
- Firewall policies exist that block the default communications port for LUA 2.x and cannot be modified.
The steps below will modify the Liveupdate Administrator server's configuration to run on a non-default port. These steps will also ensure the shortcut to the LUA server's website is modified to point to the correct port. Please ensure that the port desired for use by LUA 2.x is not currently being used by another application on the system.
Modify LUA server to listen on a non-default port:
- Stop the LUA Apache Tomcat service.
- Browse to the LUA server's tomcat configuration folder (C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate Administrator\tomcat\conf by default).
- Right-click on the file named server.xml and choose Edit.
- Look for the following line in this file: "<!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 connector on port 8080 -->".
- The line directly below this will read 'Connector port="<LUA server port>
"...' Modify <LUA server port> to the port required and save the file.
- After server.xml has been modified to allow LUA to listen on the required port, restart the LUA Apache Tomcat service.
Modify the LUA shortcut to point to the correct port:
- Browse to the LUA server folder (C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate Administrator by default).
- Right-click on LiveUpdate Administrator shortcut and choose Properties.
- Click on the Web Document tab.
- Modify the URL string to reflect the port change made during the previous steps. (http://localhost:
<LUA server port>/lua).
Modifying the Default LUA Distribution Centers:
The steps below will modify the Default Production Distribution and Default Testing Distribution Centers to reflect the port and protocol changes made in the previous steps. These modifications are not necessary for any Distribution Centers other than the default Distribution Centers.
- Log into the LUA server
- Click on Configure->Distribution Centers.
- For both the Default Production and Default Testing Distribution Centers:
- Check the check box next to the name of the Distribution Center requiring editing and click the Edit button.
- On the Edit Distribution Center page, click on the local LUA server in the list of Locations and click the Edit button.
- On the Edit location page, select the HTTPS protocol, and modify the port to the port configured in server.xml and click the OK button.
- After clicking OK, you will be returned to the Edit Distribution Center page - verify the status of the local LUA location has changed to Ready from Unreachable.
- Click OK to return to the Distribution Centers page.
The default content distribution port for LUA 2.1 is 8080.
The default content distribution port for LUA 2.2 and above is 7070.
Rate this Article