You need to know how to enable or disable Bloodhound heuristic virus detection in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), or change the level of protection it uses.
- In the SEPM, select Policies.
- Select AntiVirus and Antispyware.
- Right-click the desired AntiVirus and Antispyware policy from the list of policies in the right hand window pane and click Edit.
- Select File System Auto-Protect in the Antivirus and Antispyware Policy window.
- Under the Scan Details tab click the Advanced Scanning and Monitoring... button.
- Under Bloodhound(TM) Detection Settings you can check the setting to 'Enable Bloodhound(TM) heuristic virus detection' or disable it.
- Next to Level of protection to use: you can increase (Maximum) or lower (Minimum) the Bloodhound(TM)'s level of protection from the Default setting.
Configuring advanced scanning and monitoring options,
"Administration Guide for Symantec™ Endpoint Protection and Symantec Network Access Control"
Bloodhound Detection Settings - Bloodhound isolates and locates the logical regions of a file to detect a high percentage of unknown viruses. Bloodhound then analyzes the program logic for virus-like behavior.
By default, the level of protection is set to 2.