LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x (LUA 2.x) contains a built-in function to collect troubleshooting information that can help Symantec Technical Support diagnose problems. Supplemental diagnostic logs will provide a complete picture. This article contains information on how to collect these.
To gather troubleshooting diagnostic information from LUA 2.3.1 and later:
- Open Internet Explorer on your LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x (LUA 2.x) server
- Login to LUA 2.x using valid account credentials.
- Click on the Troubleshoot link in the upper-right corner of the LUA interface, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Additional Materials to Gather
- It is also always desirable to have the output of a broader diagnostic tool like SymHelp (for servers protected by clients running SEP 12.1 RU2 and above) diagnostic tool from the LUA server. Links to these tools can be found below.
- Also, always export the LUA server's event log in .csv format: "EventAuditLog.csv" Details of this procedure can be found in the articles below.
- For LUA 2.3 and above, please also always export the LUA server's configuration recovery file and provide it to Technical Support.
- If the source of the update issue lies on the clients updating from LUA, gathering diagnostic data from one or more clients may be necessary (for example, SymHelp diagnostics or log.liveupdate files from affected clients).
- Depending on the issue encountered, Symantec Technical Support will also often request specific individual files (directory listings, configuration files, etc).
In most cases, materials generated with the default log level are sufficient. If instructed to do so by Technical Support, LUA 2.x can be configured to record debug-level log entries in the lua-application logs. This debug mode can be enabled in LiveUpdate Administrator console:
- Log in to the LUA Web interface.
- Click Configure>Preferences.
- Locate the Logging section, select ON in the Debug Mode drop-down box and Informational in the Event threshold drop-down box.
- Click Update to apply the settings.
Imported Document Id