IM Manager is exporting IM conversations to EV using direct-EV export job. EV CA has been set up to sample IM conversations. However no IM conversations are returned by the EV CA sampling functions.
- Export job is created as an integrated EV export job.
- Open the IM Manager Administration Console.
- Click on Administration tab.
- Click on Configuration > Export.
- Click the Edit control for the EV export job.
If there is an EV Directory DNS Alias textbox then the export job is an integrated EV export job.
The CA sampling function does not work with messages inserted using the EV API.
Symantec has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article. Symantec is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.
There are currently no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time. This issue may be resolved in a future major revision of the software at a later time. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Symantec Sales representative or the Symantec Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Symantec Sales, please refer to the following Web site:
Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.
- Use a custom (SMTP-based) export job to export IM conversations to Microsoft Exchange Journaling mailbox. Follow the steps in KB How to Export IM Manager conversations to Microsoft Exchange.
NOTE: In step 1.5 change the value of exportSystem to KVS.