Sesclu gives event 13 in the Windows Application log.
- This may occur every four hours when the SEP client is using a LiveUpdate schedule.
- LiveUpdate may also give an event 70 at the same time.
- Definitions are not updated on either a Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client or the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) if installed on the same computer.
- The Admin log window in the SEPM reports "LiveUpdate encountered one or more errors. Return code = 4." for the most recent LiveUpdate session.
- LuComServer_3_4.exe or LuComServer_3_5.exe can be seen in the Windows task manager while LiveUpdate is running.
- Windows Add or Remove Programs includes an entry for LiveUpdate (Symantec Corporation) with no version displayed. Click the "Click here for support information." link will display LiveUpdate 3.4.x.xx or 3.5.x.xx.
LiveUpdate 3.4 and 3.5 are consumer versions which do not support the Symantec Endpoint Protection product. If these versions are installed the update process is prone to failure.
Uninstall LiveUpdate 3.4 or 3.5. These are consumer versions. Please install the latest corporate version (Liveupdate 3.3 at this time).
Note: You can run Lusetup.exe from an uncompressed client install package or from the SEP or SEPM folders in the SEP CD archive.
If your SEP client still receives errors when running LiveUpdate you may need to adjust the proxy settings for LiveUpdate. See the document: How to configure LiveUpdate to connect through a proxy server for information.
If your SEPM still receives a Return Code = 4 when running LiveUpdate you may need to adjust your proxy settings in the SEPM. See the document: How to setup the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to use specific proxy settings for LiveUpdate for additional information.
Imported Document Id