Symantec is committed to listening to our customers and improving our products based on your business needs. Below are some guidelines for making best use of our product suggestion website.
How to distinguish between a product defect (bug) and a product suggestion (idea):
- A product defect is typically when the product is not behaving by design, i.e. not as described in the product documentation. In this case, a support case should be opened with Symantec Support, who will help validate the defect and escalate it to engineering as appropriate, so the defect can be fixed. Symantec Support may also be able to suggest interim workarounds.
- A product suggestion is typically when the desired functionality/capability is outside of what is currently covered in the product manual and documentation. Product suggestions are considered for future releases of the product only.
- If you are unsure of which category your request falls, please discuss with Symantec Support.
How to submit a product suggestion:
- Browse to the Ideas page in the Symantec Connect forum.
- Using the search box and drop down menus, browse existing submitted ideas to see if the one you had in mind is already present. If it is, you can click to Vote in its favor. If it is not, you can log this suggestion so other community members may chose to vote on it.
Note: Creating a new suggestion and voting for existing suggestions will require a login. The login ID is the same one as is used for MySupport, CustomerCare and the Connect Forums. If you do not have a login ID yet, click the Login button to create one. Please ensure to select the appropriate product and only log one suggestion per submitted idea. If the product you wish to log the suggestion for is not listed, please log a suggestion selecting the closest matching product, then also log a suggestion requesting your specific product be added to the website.
What to expect once you vote on or log a product suggestion
- You will be automatically notified by email when any comments or status updates are added to the relevant product suggestion.
- Symantec Product Management will periodically review submitted product suggestions and consider them when planning for future releases of the product. While we may not be able to respond to all suggestions we receive, each suggestion will be at a minimum reviewed and considered. If your suggestion is urgent or high impact, please ensure to follow-up also via your local Symantec Sales representative to ensure a timely response.
- Other community members who visit the Ideas website may comment on or vote for those ides which they believe are most relevant and required in the product. Over time, the most popular ideas will rise in rank and the less popular ones will drop in rank. Product Management are committed to, at a minimum, respond and provide status on the most popular ideas, as voted for by the community.
Imported Document Id