Instructions are needed for scheduling LiveUpdate on a unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client using the Windows Task Scheduler.
Symantec LiveUpdate is failing with an error LU 1813 on an unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection client due to proxy server authentication issues and you are looking for an alternate way to perform LiveUpdate on the client.
You can schedule a LiveUpdate on a unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection client through the Windows Task Scheduler and successfully update the definitions on the client.
Open the Control panel and select Scheduled tasks.
Double click on "Add Scheduled task"
On the Scheduled Task Wizard, Click Next to continue
4. Click on the "Browse" button
5. Browse to <Drive>
\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LUALL.EXE and click Open
6. Select the frequency to run the task i.e Daily, Weekly, Monthly etc
7. Select the Start time and the Start date and click Next
8. Enter the Username and Password for a user that has administrative privileges, for the task to run and click Next
9. You will see a message that the task has been successfully scheduled.
10. Click on the Finish button to close the window.
The LiveUpdate task should now run as per the schedule and update the virus definitions on the SEP client.
Imported Document Id
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your
For security reasons, your link to this document has expired. Please click on the attachment link to access this file.
The attachment that you are looking for no longer exists.
There has been an issue retrieving your attachment. Please try again.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.