Instructions are needed for scheduling LiveUpdate on a Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client using the Windows task scheduler.
LiveUpdate sessions are failing with an error LU 1813 on a unmanaged SEP client due to proxy server authentication issues and you are looking for an alternate way to perform LiveUpdate on the client.
You may schedule LiveUpdate sessions through the Windows Task Scheduler and successfully update the definitions on the SEP client.
- Click on the Start button and select Server Manager.
- In the left hand pane, Expand the Configuration option.
- Click on the Task Scheduler option
- In the right-hand pane under Actions, click on "Create Task."
- On the General tab, type a name for the task e.g. Symantec LiveUpdate
- Under "Security options", select "Run whether user is logged on or not." By default, the logged in user account is selected. If you need to change the user account, click on the "Change User or Group" button and choose a different administrative user.
- Click on the "Triggers" tab and click on the "New" button.
- Choose the frequency for the task to run e.g. Daily, Weekly etc and the Start Date and Time.
- Click on the "Actions" tab and click on the "New" button. Choose the action as "Start a program"
- Click on the Browse button for the Program/script and browse to <Drive>
- Click OK twice. Enter the credentials of the administrative user for running the task.
The LiveUpdate task should now run as per the schedule and update the virus definitions on the SEP client.