When you execute the prune_asdb command at the command line interface (CLI) of Symantec Traffic Shaper (STS) 6.x, an error appears which contains "bignum too big to convert into `long' (RangeError)" or "undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)". You seek steps to resolve this behavior.
- The Database Maintenance page of the STS web interface may show that "Percent of records used:" is reported as "100.0000 %"
- When you run prune_asdb at the command line interface (CLI) of Symantec Traffic Shaper, you may see an error similar to the following:
/opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb:133:in `at': bignum too big to convert into `long' (RangeError)
from /opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb:133:in `prune_asdb'
from /opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb:131:in `each'
from /opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb:131:in `prune_asdb'
from /opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb:128:in `foreach'
from /opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb:128:in `prune_asdb'
from /opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb:173:in `open'
- Alternatively, when you run prune_asdb at the CLI of STS, you may see an error similar to the following:
./prune_asdb:90:in `analyze_asdb': undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
from ./prune_asdb:68:in `foreach'
from ./prune_asdb:68:in `analyze_asdb'
from ./prune_asdb:181:in `open'
- Symantec Traffic Shaper (STS) is configured to replicate path data between STS units for failover purposes.
- While these errors may occur on any installed version of STS software, they may occur more frequently on STS software version 6.0.1 or STS software version 6.0.2.
Please upgrade to STS 6.0.2-3 or newer. If you are unable to upgrade immediately, the following patch will work until you upgrade.
The password is: symantec
To install the new script
1. Log in to the cli admin account, and allow root login access by running: set-support, and choose a password.
2. Log in to the cli using the root account .
3. Make the /opt filesystem writeable by logging in as root and running: mount -orw,remount /opt
4. cp the prune_asdb script to /opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb
5. Chmod 755 /opt/Symantec/TurnTide/bin/prune_asdb