How do you OSRestore the Symantec Web Gateway appliance back to the shipped default settings?
If you have access to the settings via a web browser, you can connect to the appliance, login, and then follow the last steps below to reset the configuration back to the defaults. However, if your network configuration is not setup properly or you do not know the IP address for the SWG, you will need to start with step 1 below.
1. Insert a DVD that is burned with a copy of the osrestore ISO file provided to you by fileconnect.symantec.com or a technical support engineer.
2. Boot the appliance and type F11 when prompted to enter the boot menu. Then choose the SATA Optical drive as the boot device.
The installation will commence and take approximately 1 hour. After a reboot, you will be prompted for login to localhost.
3. For Login type: admin
4. For Password type: admin1!
5. A text based menu will then display. To go to the Change Operating Modes Menu, Select 5
6. In the IP Menu, Select 3
7. For IP, type the IP address for the management interface
Here are a few screen shots of the menus:
8. Attach the Management port to your local switch or router
9. Open a web browser and go to https:// and the IP address you provided above, example https://192.168.254.254/
10. You will now need to proceed through the setup wizard
11. Answer all questions and provide the requested information.
Rate this Article
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.