You seek to connect to the serial port interface of the SWG Appliance to perform basic networking configuration or troubleshooting or reset the Setup Wizard.
- Do one of the following:
-- Connect via the DRAC card of SWG8490 appliance
-- Connect a monitor and keyboard to an SWG hardware Appliance
-- Attach another computer to the serial port of an SWG hardware Appliance, then use terminal emulator software to connect
-- For SWG 5.0.x Virtual Edition, use a VMWare client to connect to the console of the SWG VM.
- Press <Enter>
to obtain a login prompt
- Login with the admin account credentials
The default password for the admin account at the CLI is:
To connect via DRAC interface of SWG8490 appliance
- In the Address bar of an http browser, type the IP address for the DRAC device.
- Input the login and password provided and select OK.
- Click Console Media.
- Click Launch Viewer.
To connect with HyperTerminal on Windows
- Open HyperTerminal
- In the Name: field, type: serial
- Click OK
- On the "Connect Using:" dropdown box, select the port where the null modem cable is connected
- On the "Bits per second:" dropdown box, select "9600"
- On the "Flow Control:" dropdown box, select "None"
- Click OK
Symantec Technical Support supports the HyperTerminal terminal emulator. If you have a terminal emulator which is not supported, please configure it for the following settings:
- Speed: 9600 bits per second
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bit: 1
- Parity: None
- Flow control: None
As a convenience for our customers, Symantec provides the following instructions for other terminal emulators.
To connect with PuTTy on Windows
- Open PuTTY
- Click Serial
- On the "Flow control:" dropdown box, select "None"
- On the left click Session
- Click the radio button labeled Serial
- Click Open