PTP definition status waits for update however do not update
PTP did not get registered with Live Update.
1. If you try to remove Proactive Threat Protection (PTP) from the Add/Remove programs it would give you an error saying that Virus and Spyware protection cannot be installed without Truscan.
2. So modify the SEP client from the Add/Remove programs and disable "Virus and Spyware protection" AND "Proactive Threat Protection".
3. Then once the modification is complete, re-modify the SEP client from Add/Remove programs again and have both "Virus and Spyware protection" AND "Proactive Threat Protection" selected and let modification complete.
4. If this doesn't help, uninstall Live Update.
5. Delete all its folder entries in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec & C:\Program Files\Symantec.
6. Reinstall Live Update
7. Repair the SEP client from Add/ Remove Programs.