The XML from the error message contains a '&' character in a <filename> XML node
To verify this condition follow these steps:
1. From the above error message determine the name and location of the XML file. In the above example the Error-IML455.xml is the file and C:\IMManagerExports\EVault\errors\ is the directory.
2. Open the folder where the XML file is, in this case C:\IMManagerExports\EVault\errors\
3. Find the XML file and open it using a text editor.
4. Search for the following XML tag: <filename> 5. If the string within the <filename> tag contains a '&' character this condition is met.
For example, this tag matches this condition:
The Windows Application Event log shows the following error:
Description: Incorrect function. . Failed conversation was moved to C:\IMManagerExports\EVault\errors\Error-IMLa445.xml
There is a known issue with IM Manager that does not export the & symbol correctly for file transfers.
Symantec is aware of this issue. This article is updated as more information is available. Subscribe to this article to receive updates.
Use one of the following workarounds.
Block all file transfers where the file name includes a '&' character.
To do this follow these steps:
1. Login to the IM Manager Admin Web UI. 2. Click on Policies->Group Policy->All Rules 3. Click on the blue Edit button for the appropriate File Transfer On/Off rule 4. In the drop down list select 'Contains' 5. In the text field next to the drop down enter in:
6. Press Submit. 7. The Rule update will take 15-30 minutes to become active.
Run a SQL query to correct the file names in the IM Manager database.
Note: this workaround will need to be re-applied everytime a new file transfer with a & in the title is recorded by IM Manager. It is recommended that Administrators run this query just prior to running an export job.
1. Open a SQL Query Anaylzer or SQL Management Studio that has access to the IM Manager database.
2. Run the following query: