You are experiencing problems using the legacy LiveUpdate Administration Utility 1.x (LUAU 1.x) to distribute virus definitions or Symantec product updates.
To resolve the problem, make sure that you have the most current version of LiveUpdate Administration Utility 1.x, using one of the following methods:
- Update LiveUpdate Administration Utility from within the software
- Manually download and update of LiveUpdate Administration Utility
Update LiveUpdate Administration Utility from within the software
- Start the LiveUpdate Administration Utility.
- Click Configure
- Click the Update LiveUpdate Administration Utility.
Manually download and update of LiveUpdate Administration Utility
- Point your browser to ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/liveupdate/updates/
- Download and install Luau.exe.
The following list contains common troubleshooting documents for LiveUpdate Administration Utilty issues. Just click on the document title that best describes the problem.
- LiveUpdate fails when run from the Symantec System Center or when scheduled
- Error: "LiveUpdate could not run unattended..." when using a custom LiveUpdate host file
- Error: "LiveUpdate is not properly configured to be used with your network" when starting LiveUpdate
- Error: "LiveUpdate could not retrieve the catalog file for available Symantec product updates" or "Cannot connect to LiveUpdate server" when running LiveUpdate for Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition
- How to automatically update Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition definitions without using LiveUpdate
- How Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition automatically updates NetWare servers
This article covers the legacy LUAU 1.x tool. For details on the current LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x, please see Gathering logs and troubleshooting data from LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x
Rate this Article