The following smart card readers are compatible when communicating to a smart card at pre-boot time. These readers can be used with any compatible removable smart card (it is not necessary to use the same brand of smart card and reader).
Generic smart card readers
Most CCID smart card readers are compatible. The following readers have been tested by Symantec Corporation:
· OMNIKEY CardMan 3121 USB for desktop systems (076b:3021)
· OMNIKEY CardMan 6121 USB for mobile systems (076b:6622)
· ActivIdentity USB 2.0 reader (09c3:0008)
· SCM Microsystem Smart Card Reader model SCR3311
CyberJack smart card readers
· Reiner SCT CyberJack pinpad (0c4b:0100).
ASE smart card readers
· Athena ASEDrive IIIe USB reader (0dc3:0802)
Embedded smart card readers
· Dell D430 embedded reader *
· Dell D630 embedded reader *
· Dell D830 embedded reader *
· Dell E6410 embedded reader (Broadcom) *
· Dell E6510 embedded reader (Broadcom) *
*Note: We had some problems with the Dell integrated smart card readers which were resolved in 10.3.0 MP1 (Build 9060). Please see related articles to see the issue related to integrated smart card readers not working.
PGP Desktop 10.2 and above
Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.0 and above
Imported Document ID: TECH149335
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.