This workaround shows you how to protect the OCR Server from reconnaissance attempts by suppressing the OCR default index page and removing the example JSP and servlets. Make sure that you have the JAR utility on the OCR Server. If the JAR utility is not available on the OCR Server, install the latest JDK to get the jar executable.
1. On the OCR Server, stop the SymantecDLPOCRServer service. 2. Go to
<OCR SERVER INSTALL DIR>/Protect/lib/jar
3. Run the following command to unpack the tomcat-embed-core-7.0.77.jar file:
jar xf tomcat-embed-core-7.0.77.jar org/apache/catalina/util/ServerInfo.properties
4. Update the ServerInfo.properties file by changing the server.info line to:
server.info= Apache Tomcat/X.0.XX
5. Run the following command to repackage the tomcat-embed-core-7.0.77.jar file:
jar uf tomcat-embed-core-7.0.77.jar org/apache/catalina/util/ServerInfo.properties
6. Delete the <OCR SERVER INSTALL DIR>/Protect/lib/jar/org folder. This folder was created when the ServerInfo.properties file was extracted. 7. Restart the SymantecDLPOCRServer service. 8. Browse to: https://<OCR Server URL >:<port>
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.