Here are the basic instructions on how to reinstall Task Management on the SMP.
1. Uninstall Client Task Server (if installed): Do this through the console by going to site server settings and unchecking the Task server services for the SMP or by running the \\localhost\nscap\bin\Win64\X64\Client Task Management\Server Package\TaskServerSetup_x64.exe and selecting uninstall.
2. Uninstall Task Management: Run \Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris\Altiris_Taskmanagement_X_X_X64.msi (Use the latest version) Start command prompt as ADMINISTRATOR. Browse to \Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris\ msiexec /u Altiris_Taskmanagement_X_X_X64.msi skipaim=1
3. Reboot the Server
4. Reinstall Task Management: From an ADMINISTRATOR (right click run as admin) command prompt, navigate to: \Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris\ and execute: msiexec /i Altiris_Taskmanagement_X_X_X64.msi skipaim=1
5. Repair TaskServerTasks msi: From an ADMINISTRATOR (right click run as admin) command prompt, navigate to: \Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris\ and execute: msiexec /i Altiris_Taskservertasks_X_X_x64.msi skipaim=1
6. Repair Any current hotfixes: If the SMP is on 7.5.x hotfix then go through SIM and run a repair on the Symantec Management Platform hotfix. If the SMP is on a 7.1 hotfix then rerun the pfinstaller and reapply only the SMP part of the hotfix.
7. Reinstall Client Task Server: If the Client Task Server was previously installed then go back through the Site Server Settings in the console and re-add the Task Server service to the SMP
7.6 Reinstall Steps:
1. Uninstall Task Server from the SMP 2. Uninstall Task Management HF X 3. Delete Registry and it's subkeys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\CC8AD2F14E891FC4AB3C1F4DCA70B9B0 4. Reboot 5. Install 7.6 Task Management (base no hotfix) use the skipaim=1 INSTALLDIR="<path>" switch, the path should go to the \altiris\Taskmanagement folder 6. If the install of TM hangs, check for a background install of Task Server and cancel it. If you don't see one in the GUI then check to see if TaskServerInstall.exe (name isn't exact) is running and kill that process. 7. Install the 7.6 HF X Task Management. Also use the INSTALLDIR="<path>" and skipaim=1. Also watch for taskserver install and kill / cancel it. 8. Reboot 9. Install task server using the install from the nscap. You may need to copy it locally.
test description Space
Imported Document ID: HOWTO101996
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.