Instructions on how to add Plug and Play device drivers to an image which has been prepared using sysprep.
First of all you need to add the driver files to the image by opening the image either with Altiris ImageExplorer (*.img) or with Ghost Explorer (*.gho). You can then add the driver files to the C: drive of the image using the following format:
You then need to add the driver paths to the following registry value:
Note: Any path entries in OemPnPDriversPath (sysprep.inf) will be ignored when you distribute an image which has been prepared using sysprep. This parameter is only evaluated when you create (prepare) an image using sysprep. This is why you need to add the driver paths in the registry of the image.
In order to change the registry value "DevicePath", open the "syspreped" image with Image Explorer (from the Deployment Server console) and extract the following file:
Then execute the following steps:
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE with the left mouse button
3) Select "File" (Top menu bar) and then select "Load Hive..."
4) Browse and select the extracted file "software" and give it a temporary hive name (e.g. "
5) Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
temp\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion and add the driver paths to "DevicePath" (semicolon separated list).
6) Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
temp with the left mouse button
7) Select "File" (Top menu bar) and then select "Unload Hive..."
8) Add the file "software" back to the image: %WINDIR%\system32\config\software
Now you are ready to deploy the image using a Distribute Disk image job after ensuring that the option "Prepared using Sysprep" is enabled.
Imported Document ID: HOWTO10680
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.