This article discusses how to obtain debug logs for the process of obtaining and copying definitions from the Hawking directory to the CSAPI directory.
1. Configure CSAPI debugging.
Configure the following environment variables:
Here are the steps for setting environment variables:
1. Click on the Start button then right click Computer and select Properties. 2. Click the Change settings hyperlink in the Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings section. 3. Click the Advanced tab. 4. Click the Environment Variables... button. 5. Click the New... button in the System variables section. 6. Enter the Variable name and Variable value as appropriate from above and click the OK button to save the variable.
1. Right click My Computer and select Properties. 2. Click the Advanced tab. 3. Click the Environment Variables... button. 4. Click the New... button in the System variables section. 5. Enter the Variable name and Variable value as appropriate from above and click the OK button to save the variable.
NOTE: The value of the logfile can be set to any drive or filename.
2. Configure DefUtils debugging.
a. Create a text file called symc-defutils.conf with the following contents:
b. Save the file in the following location:
Windows 2003: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ Windows 2008: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\
3. Restart the following service:
Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange.
Imported Document ID: HOWTO53246
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.