The Location is populated from the CMDB and ServiceDesk does not sync this data from CMDB into ServiceDesk's database but copies CMDB data to tickets when a user is selected. When looking at the default report in the edit mode, we can see that selecting Display SQL shows that the Location reference type is taken from the ReportProcessReference table of the ProcessManager database where the Location is an external reference to CMDB. Here are the basic steps how to get location into reports:
1. Create standard report
2. Select Data Sources and click OK for the default one
3. Select Add Processes to Report
4. Select all other necessary data sources like Add Incident Management to Report, etc.
5. Select Add Process References to Report and from there select With External References.
6. Under external references you we see a dropdown list where Location can be selected,
7. From the second dropdown list select Is Not Null and click Search. The external reference will be found. Click OK.
8. By default the field will be named Reference Name.Location. Click the blue arrow icon to edit that and rename the Title to Location.
9. Select all other necessary columns, name the report and save it.
Imported Document ID: HOWTO54082
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe