With the pending release of ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2 we have created two different SQL scripts to migrate your existing closed ServiceDesk 7.0 MR2 or 7.1 SP1 incidents.
The scripts assume that both databases reside on the same SQL server. If this is not the case you will need to take additional steps to run the script. The script can be run multiple times to migrate any newly closed incidents from your old server. A _Migrated table is created in your SP2 database to help facilitate this.
1. Download the corresponding migration script (Migration_SP1.sql or Migration_MR2.sql)
2. Update line 11 (use ProcessManager) to the name of your SP2 database.
3. Press CTRL+H to open the Find & Replace dialog box.
4. In the 'Find what:' field enter [71_SP1_Mig] for SP1 or [70_MR2_Mig] depending on which version you are migrating from.
5. In the 'Replace with:' field enter [Name of old database] and click Replace All.
To prevent confusion with the migrated incidents the script will put [ ] around them (ie [IM-00001]). This behavior is controlled by lines 26 & 27 in the script. These lines can be modified if you prefer a different format. The script contains some additional examples in the comments.
If you have modified any of the ORM types, such as Incident, you will need to find thoses tables in the script and update them to include the new columns.
Run the script. Once it is complete it will report how many incidents were successfully migrated and how many errors occurred.