The most recent version of the SEE Recover Utility v. 8.2.0b contains a few new options in addition to those formerly available. All options are described below :
1) recover /A - attempts a repair of the SEE volume files
2) recover /D - decrypts the drive using a Client Administrator credential
3) recover /B - decrypts the drive using a .dat file taken from the SEE Management Server
4) recover /O - this command restores the drive to the OEM state, keeping user data intact
5) recover /S - this command restores the drive to the OEM state after performing a secure erase of user data
6) recover /F - Safe Mode Reboot
Note that options 4&5 only apply to managed OPAL compliant drives. These commands will have no effect on non-OPAL drives. The last option simply restarts the machine, displaying the option to press F8 for Safe Mode. This is used in situations where USB attached devices are non-responsive or other issues exist preventing us from entering Safe Mode normally.
Imported Document ID: HOWTO63840
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.