How to rename an OS image in Deployment Solution 7.1.1.
Last Updated April 12, 2012
There is no place in the GUI for Deployment Solution 7.1.1 in the Symantec Management Console to rename a OS image. It can, however, be accomplished using the following procedure.
- Open the procedure in the image explorer. That could be Ghostexp or imgexp. The explorers are found under 'ghost' or 'rdeploy' typically at C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\Deployment\Task Handler.
- Save the image under the new name. This is a temporary version of the OS file.
- Use the ResourceImportTool to import the new version of the image. Note: Typically, images for deployment are prepared using Sysprep.
- Delete the original image and the temporary version. The ResourceImportTool makes a separate copy of the image file.
- Remove the resource for the older version of the image. This is located in SMC under Manage | Resource. From the dropdown locate 'Software Component' and then select 'Image Resource'. Find the listing for the old version of the OS image. Click OK and delete.
Imported Document ID: HOWTO75062
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe