With the pending release of ServiceDesk 7.5 we have created two different SQL scripts to migrate your existing closed ServiceDesk 7.0 MR2, 7.1 SP1 & SP2 tickets.
These scripts will migrate over closed information for:
Knowledge Base submission tickets
End User Surveys
User-Defined processes *
The scripts assume that both databases reside on the same SQL server. If this is not the case you will need to take additional steps to run the script. The script can be run multiple times to migrate any newly closed incidents from your old server. A _Migrated table is created in your 7.5 database to help facilitate this.
Before running these scripts you must populate your User information by running an AD Synch. Otherwise the migrated cases won't properly display the primary user information.
1. Download the corresponding migration script (Migration_70MR2_75.sql or Migration_71_75.sql)
2. Update line 11 (use ProcessManager) to the name of your 7.5 database.
3. Press CTRL+H to open the Find & Replace dialog box.
4. In the 'Find what:' field enter [71_Mig] for SP1 or [70_MR2_Mig] depending on which version you are migrating from.
5. In the 'Replace with:' field enter [Name of old database] and click Replace All.
To prevent confusion with the migrated incidents the script will put [ ] around the incident number (ie [IM-00001]). This behavior is controlled by lines 26 & 27 in the script. These lines can be modified if you prefer a different format. The script contains some additional examples in the comments.
If you have modified any of the ORM types, such as Incident, you will need to find thoses tables in the script and update them to include the new columns.
Run the script. Once it is complete it will report how many incidents were successfully migrated and how many errors occurred.
* All workflow process records, with full history can be migrated by adding the ServiceID for the process to the query at the top of the script. If your custom process uses custom tables, however, you’ll need to add logic to the scripts to map in this data.
*A new script has been provided to facilitate the migration of attachments to the closed processes. This script is designed only for migrating from ServiceDesk 7.1. Please read the comments provided in the script for more specifics.
Please note that these scripts will not work and are not supportable if the collation between the source and destination databases is different.