How to avoid prompting the end-user for an auto upgrade of Symantec Workspace streaming agent after the server upgraded to newer version?
• Before upgrading the backend server, copy the following two files from C:\Program Files\altiris\StreamingServer\launchserv\asbase\webapps\launchserv\new:
1- Clientversion.txt 2- ASObject.html
• Store the files in a different location. • After the server upgrade, the server will replace these 2 files with 2 new files. • Save the 2 new files somewhere (with the new version prefix). Hence the same files can be used when there is a need to upgrade the clients to latest version. • Copy the old files to the same directory after the server was upgraded.
1. This way the streaming client version will remain same and client can stream applications from the server without prompting to upgrade the new client version.
2. The file path may vary from one version to another.
3. The version in both clientversion.txt and ASObject.html should be the same.
Imported Document ID: HOWTO85049
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.