This document provides the instruction for NEW Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition (SPS EE) 4.0 customer to download standalone Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) Self Enforcement (SE) software and obtain an activation key.
Customer, who requires ONLY the SNAC license file to be installed on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), can proceed directly to contact regional Customer Care to request for the slf file. Contact details are available on http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp.
For customers who renewed their SPS EE 4.0 maintenance BEFORE 28th January 2014 and do not see their license key or SNAC SE 12.1 build will need to contact their regional Customer Care team to obtain their SNAC activation file. Contact details are available on http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp. Customers who RENEW AFTER 28th January 2014 will not see this issue.
Instruction on downloading standalone SNAC for SPS EE 4.0 customers
1. In the browser URL field, enter https://fileconnect.symantec.com
2. Enter your SPS EE 4.0 serial number file, and click on Submit Serial Number to login.
3. Choose the appropriate language for the download.
4. In the “I don’t see SNAC SE download file?” section, copy the Serial Number and click on Enter Another Serial Number.
5. Enter the Serial Number you copied (for example T121013236) into the serial number file, and click on Submit Serial Number to login.
6. Choose the appropriate language for the download.
7. Select Symantec_Network_Access_Control_SE_12.1.4_Full_EN.exe, and click on Download Selected Files button.
8. Refer to http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp and contact the appropriate regional Customer Care team to obtain the SNAC slf license IF required for installation on SEPM. KB article HOWTO81006, “Activating or importing your Symantec Endpoint Protection or Symantec Network Access Control 12.1 product license”, http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO81006 describe the steps on license installation.
Imported Document ID: HOWTO95153
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.