Question How do you set up a package in Notification Server to install the Deployment Server DAgent on client machines?
Answer While the Deployment Server console utility called Remote Agent Installer, will install either the Aclient or Dagent agent to client computers, there also needs to be an option to use Notification Server packages to install the Dagent so that schedules and collections can be utilized.
A Notification Server package will require the use of a batch file to perform the following functions:
1. Copy Aclient.exe to the client computer.
2. Run the command line "Aclient.exe -remove -silent" to remove possible installations of Aclient.
3. Remove the Aclient.exe file.
4. Create the directory C:\Program Files\Altiris\Dagent.
5. Copy Dagent.msi to this new directory. (You may also want to copy Aclient.inp so that Dagent settings will be set.)
6. Run the command line "msiexec /i Dagent.msi /qn /norestart"
A sample batch file may look like the following:
copy Aclient.exe C:
Aclient.exe -remove -silent
mkdir C:\Program Files\Altiris
mkdir C:\Program Files\Altiris\Dagent
copy Dagent.msi C:\Program Files\Altiris\Dagent
msiexec /i Dagent.msi /qn /noreboot
Imported Document ID: HOWTO9711
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.