2. Configure LiveUpdate Administrator to download and distribute definitions for Protection Engine.
Customers who use Symantec LiveUpdate™ Administrator (LUA) to download definitions to their local LiveUpdate server for distribution, must update their product catalog in the LUA. To download new definitions, you must add Symantec Protection Engine 7.5 to the product catalog in the LUA.
3. From the Protection Engine server, backup the "liveupdate.xml".
4. Open a administrator command prompt and change directory to the Protection Engine installation folder.
5. Use the XMLMODIFER command to update the liveupdate server. Here is an example of the command XMLModifier.exe -s /liveupdate/updateserver/server/@value "LUAserver/IP" liveupdate.xml. The command is successful if no information is displayed.
6. Verify the liveupdate.xml has been updated and restart the Symantec Protection Engine service.