2. Start the original setup from the downloaded CD/DVD to install a new SEPM. After the initial install is complete you will begin the configuration.
3. In Management Configuration wizard choose custom configuration and make sure you CHECK the box use Recovery file ( that was backed up in the step 1) this recovery file holds all the information about server communication configuration (Domain ID, Certificate, KCS, etc.)
4. Click Next and choose how many clients in your environment.
5. Click Next and choose "Install an additional management server to an existing site":
6. Leave the same site and server name:
7. Connect back to SQL:
8. When the Pop-up below comes click "YES"- It will only replace the Management server name all the policies, configuration and user data will still be there :
9. Now click "Finish".
Imported Document ID: HOWTO98809
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.