Symantec Data Center Security Services appear after installation of SEP 14 RU1
Last Updated November 30, 2017
After installation of SEP 14 RU1 some Symantec Data Center Services are appearing among the services of the machine:
Symantec Data Center Security Server Agent Symantec Data Center Security Server IDS Agent Symantec Data Center Security Server Utility
- With the release of SEP 14 RU1, the DCS Agent/Application Hardening feature will be visible as a new feature in the Client Install Feature Set.
- untick this option while preparing the package won't install these services
- When installing SEP 14 RU1 client using “Full Protection for Clients”, the DCS agent will be installed with its services and drivers running, but with Application Hardening inactive; this includes no reporting for it in SEPM.
- Once SEP 14.1 releases, and if SEP 14 RU1 is used, LiveUpdate will then add the Security Cloud functionality to the console automatically, the option to activate and utilize Application Hardening in the SEP 14 RU1 environment after cloud enrollment and after purchasing a license for Application Hardening will be available.
- The DCS Agent/Application Hardening feature is only available for machines running a Windows 64-bit client-only OS - Windows 7 or newer. 32-bit systems, server OSs and Windows Vista are currently not supported. - Application Hardening does not apply to SEP clients earlier than 14.0 RU1.
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe