An error "403.4 Forbidden: SSL is required to view this resource" even though Require Secure Channel (SSL) was not configured.
Symptoms 1. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service is failing continuously and the scm-server-0.log displays HTTP 403 errors. The IIS logs also report "403 4" errors.
2. After running the Sylink Watcher or Sylink Monitor tools the error 403 is displayed in the Logs and the IIS logs report "403 4"errors.
The following could be the possible reasons for error HTTP 403.4, 1. It is possible that the Web site configuration has been altered to require SSL, although no certificate has been associated with the Web site. 2. You have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager under the default website which was configured to use SSL 3. You have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager under the default website which also host website for Exchange Server web access that requires SSL
Remove SSL from a Web site by using IIS Manager
1. Click on Start >> Run >> type
2. Click on + sign in front of Server name to expand.
3. Click on + sign in front of Web Sites to expand.
4. Right-click on
Default Web Site
and then click
5. On the
tab, in the
6. Clear the
Require Secure Channel (SSL)
check box, and then click
7. Repeat the Steps 5 & 6 for
8. Repeat the Steps 5 & 6 for
9. Repeat the Steps 5 & 6 for
10. Repeat the Steps 5 & 6 for
, and then click