How to exclude Symantec Endpoint Protection Client from Data Execution Prevention
Data Execution Prevention is a Windows hardware and software technology that performs additional checks on memory to help prevent malicious code from running on a system. As SEP also scans at the memory core level , DEP being enabled detects SEP as a conflicting or activating application, hence popping up error message.
Set Exclusions for Symantec Endpoint Protection Executables from Data Execution Prevention Application.
To add the faulting process to the DEP exclusion list:
1. Right-click My Computer and click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab, then Settings button under Performance.
3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select
5. Click the Add button and browse to
Windows 2003: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\
Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\
6. Select the executable that DEP closed for and popped up error message.
7. Click Apply and OK.
Technical Information For more information on DEP visit :