You want to know how to create a network trace to troubleshoot a network issue.
First download and install the Wireshark tool following the on-screen instructions of the setup. Before you configure the Wireshark, make sure to prepare the process you would like to capture the network trace of, so that it is ready to be started in step 6 below.
1) Double-click the Wireshark icon on your desktop to start the program.
2) Select Capture and then Options.
3) Select the network card you are using from the drop-down menu at the top of the Options window.
4) Shut down any other applications that might be causing network traffic to avoid their (in this case not relevant) activity showing up in the network trace as well.
5) Click Start to start capturing traffic:
6) Once the packet capture has begun, please start the process you would like to analyze and let it run either until the behavior you want to investigate has occurred. WARNING: Packet captures can result in fairly large files if left running for long.
7) Once the necessary data has been captured, select Save As from the file menu and save the file with a relevant file name.
Please send the freshly created file to us, so we can analyze the problem.
Imported Document ID: TECH110371
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe