Booting to a WinPE boot package fails with an iastor.sys error.
Last Updated September 10, 2013
When booting to a Windows PE image built with the Ghost Boot Wizard, the process fails with an error relating to iastor.sys.
Symptoms The following error appears during the boot process:
file : /windows/system32/drivers/iastor.sys status : 0xc000035a info : windows failed to load because the critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.
Try the following in order to work around the problems that you have been experiencing:
1. Ensure that all 3 Ghost 2.5 LiveUpdate patches has been applied.
2. Start the Ghost Boot Wizard; the patched version should be 126.96.36.1991.
3. Select Windows PE (default), and click on "Edit"
4. Select either WinPE or WinPE-512, and click on "Edit".
5. Click on the "Storage Drivers" tab.
6. Scroll down to "Intel.82801.Sataraid" and check the box to add the driver.
7. Click OK, Windows PE will recompile.
8. Select next to continue to create a bootable ISO.
9. Test the ISO on the affected systems. The iastor.sys error should be resolved.
Imported Document ID: TECH110785
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe