Symptoms CCS Reporting and Analytics v8.50 install does not complete.
The final dialog box displays an error message Fatal error during installation.
Microsoft Windows patch this security update addresses two vulnerabilities by modifying the way .NET Framework addresses buffer allocation. Either Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2 or Microsoft patch KB928365 are installed -OR- Microsoft .NET Framework v.2.0 or later is installed.
NOTE: Install the Quickfix on both the SMC Server
and SMC Job Server computers. See step 1 below to download the quickfix files.
Follow these steps to install the quickfix:
WARNING: Perform each of the following steps in sequential order—
DO NOT SKIP AHEAD.
If you have already experienced this issue, please follow these steps:
1. Download the quickfix files from
2. Copy the batch file "SMC85-Uninstall.bat" into “ \Program Files\Symantec\Control Compliance Suite\Setup” folder.
NOTE: \Program Files\Symantec\Control Compliance Suite\Setup is the default installation path.
3. Run this batch file by double-clicking on it. (Note that a log file is in the current folder during this operation.)
4. The “Symantec Control Compliance Suite” window appears showing the uninstall progress. Please wait until it completes.
5. Delete the “SMC85-Uninstall.bat” file from “<INSTALLDIR>
Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager tool, backup then delete the following databases for the Symantec's Control Compliance Suite - Reporting and Analytics:
NOTE: These are the default database names. When prompted in SQL, be sure to check the box "Delete backup and restore history."
7. Install and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the
Reporting & Analytics Add/Remove Programs (ARP) entry. The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility is available online at:
9. Remove the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BindView and all SMC-related subkeys.
10. Restart the computer.
11. Copy the file BindView.Implementation.AAL.Shared.dll (v18.104.22.168) from the Quickfix install package to the folder “\Program Files\Symantec\Control Compliance Suite\SMC Server”
. 12. Run the
Control Compliance Suite v8.50Reporting & Analytics setup now.
If you have not already experienced this issue but SP2 or the patch “KB928365” from Microsoft is already installed, then follow these steps:
NOTE: The default installation directory is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Control Compliance Suite.
5. Minimize the installation wizard, then manually create the directory that was selected in step 4.
Create a sub-folder named “SMC Server” in the directory that was selected in step 4.
6. Copy the file
BindView.Implementation.AAL.Shared.dll (v22.214.171.124) from the Quickfix package into the newly created “SMC Server” folder
. 7. Click
Next. The installation wizard will guide you through the install process.
Imported Document ID: TECH113392
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.