How to create a dashboard in Control Compliance Suite (CCS) Reporting & Analytics
Last Updated March 26, 2015
Steps to create a new dashboard.
Three main steps are involved in successfully creating a dashboard in CCS Reporting & Analytics. They are:
create a dashboard
configure the dashboard
collect data before viewing it in the dashboard.
Once the dashboard is saved, the new dashboard appears in the Hierarchy section, and the name of the dashboard appears at the top level. You can create new evaluation sections and evaluation nodes under the dashboard's root node.
NOTE: Hierarchical dashboards are available in CCS Reporting & Analytics v.8.6 and v.9.0.1. Hierarchial dashboards are not available in CCS Reporting & Analytics v.9.0.
Follow these steps to create a dashboard:
1. Open the Reporting & Analytics Console. Click Dashboards | View Dashboards. On the navigation bar click Common Tasks, then click New Dashboard. 2. In the New Dashboard dialog box on the Settings tab, type a unique name for the new dashboard. 3. Select the Trend Window option, which determines the amount of historical data that is displayed in the dashboard. 4. Select the Default Display Scale for the dashboard from the following options:
NOTE: The default can be changed when viewing the data in the dashboard’s Summary tab.
Apply to save the dashboard. The new dashboard has been created.
6. To configure the dashboard, click
New Section. The new evaluation section is created under the dashboard. The default section name is highlighted.
7. With the evaluation section highlighted, click
New Evaluation to add an evaluation node.
NOTE: For more information, see
"Adding an evaluation node" under Help in Reporting & Analytics.
8. In the Create Dashboard dialog box, do one of the following:
9. Add addtional sections or evaluation nodes to the dashboard if necessary. To continue adding additional evaluation nodes to this dashboard, go back to step six.
10. To save this configuration for this dashboard, click
11. Finally, collect data before viewing iti n the dashboard by running the standard evaluations that are referenced under each evaluation node.
References Online help within the CCS console.
Imported Document ID: TECH115623
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe