How to enable Application server logging in Control Compliance Suite (CCS) v. 9.x
Last Updated September 07, 2010
A Symantec Support Engineer has requested CCS Application Server logs to help determine the root cause of an issue.
Follow these steps to create the logs, then send the logs to Symantec Support. Follow these steps:
1. On the CCS Reporting & Analytics Application Server, stop the Application Server services.
2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec.CSM\Logs\AppServer directory, then delete any existing logs.
3. Using Windows Explorer again, browse to the
<install directory>\Program Files\Symantec\CCS\Reporting and Analytics\Application Server directory. Right click the file
AppserverService.exe.config, then click
Open With | Notepad.
Note: Save a copy of the "AppserverService.exe.config" file before making any changes.
4. Under the Logging section, find the value
<add key="Log.EventLogger.Severity" value="None" /> and change the value to <add key="Log.EventLogger.Severity" value="verbose" />
5. Under Logging section find the value
<add key="Log.Severity" value="Warning" /> and change the value to <add key="Log.Severity" value="verbose" />
Save the changes, then restart the Application Server services.
7. Reproduce any errors in Reporting & Analytics.
8. Send the generated Application Server logs to Symantec Support. The log files are located in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec.CSM\Logs\AppServer.
Imported Document ID: TECH116600
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe