Receive error "Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiss-c'." when selecting a Console item.
Last Updated February 17, 2006
When clicking on Application Metering Solution Configuration the following error is displayed "Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this file manually, or reinstalling by running 'aspnet_regiis -c' "
The following have been found as reasons for this issue:
1. "Integrated Windows Authentication" was not set on the Default website.
2. Domain account was blocking the Altiris services.
3. "IIS Manager > Default Website > aspnet_client > Properties > Directory Security > IP addresses and domain name restrictions" Localhost was denied access.
4. IIS’s script maps (IIS metabase) are most probably not right.
Here are the resolutions to those causes:
1. In IIS Manager go to Default Web Site right click and choose Properties. Click Directory Security tab, click Edit on Authentication and access control, check mark the box Integrated Windows Authentication and click OK. Click on Web Site tab and check mark Scripts. Restart IIS
2. Re-enter the password for Altiris Services.
3. Grant Localhost access to the aspnet_client virtual directory.
4. Aspnet_regiis is located in the C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 directory. Some hints: - Running “aspnet_regiis –lk” will list the IIS directories with the asp.net scriptmaps registered. - Re-registering ASP.Net via “aspnet_regiis –i -enable” should rectify the issue.
Applies To Notification Server 6.0.x
Imported Document ID: TECH11779
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe