In Control Compliance Suite, the default data collector does not collect the data for the common fields such as Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability and so on.
Symptoms The 'Failures' tab for Asset Import job run displays error "CSV Data Collector: Settings for 'Common' platform is not present for 'Default Site' site."
To collect data for the common fields, you must manually create a CSV file and define all the common fields in a specific format. You must then configure a DPS as a CSV data collector to collect data for the common fields of the predefined asset type. So, to import the predefined asset types even if you select a default data collector you still require a CSV data collector to collect the common fields data.
To create and configure the common fields of an asset type through CSV settings
1. Select the platform and the asset type for which the common fields must be defined.
2. Get the primary fields of the asset type.
If you want to specify the common fields of the predefined asset types, then you must know the primary fields of those asset types.
3. Create a CSV file with headers in the following format:
Here, DomainName and Host are the primary fields of the predefined asset type and Wnt is the platform.
For an asset type, it is important that you ensure the correct correlation between the primary fields and the common fields. The data of the common fields correspond to the assets, whose unique identifiers are the primary fields.
For example, for an asset type, Windows directory, the data representation for the primary and common fields in the CSV file are as follows:
As per the example, common fields data for the assets, Test1Machine and Test2Machine are collected.
4. Place the CSV file in the network share path of the Windows computer.
5. In the console, go to System Topology > Grid View and configure the DPS as CSV data collector.
6. In the console, go to Settings > System Topology > Map View and click Infrastructure Tasks > Sync Configuration.
Imported Document ID: TECH134785
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.